Alkina Lodge , ACN 169 061 483 provides accommodation and food and beverage services. This policy applies to the services provided by Alkina Lodge as at 4/10/16.
Alkina Lodge recognises the privacy concerns of its past, current and prospective guests.
Personal information may be held by Alkina Lodge at its corporate office.
To enquire about privacy matters, contact in writing to:
Alkina Lodge Pty Ltd
35 Parkers Access Track
Wattle Hill, Vic, 3237
Phone +61 3 5348 2008
“Associates” has the meaning ascribed in section 318 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 (Cth).
“Australian Privacy Principles” or “APPs” means the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and, whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
“Privacy Act” is to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
“Alkina Lodge”, “us” or “we” is to Alkina Lodge together with its Associates, jointly or severally subject to the applicable Personal Information, its collection, storage and use.
“Sensitive Information” means:
- (a) information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- (i) racial or ethnic origin; or
- (ii) political opinions; or
- (iii) membership of a political association; or
- (iv) religious beliefs or affiliations; or
- (v) philosophical beliefs; or
- (vi) membership of a professional or trade association; or
- (vii) membership of a trade union; or
- (viii) sexual orientation or practices; or
- (ix) criminal record;
that is also Personal Information; or
- (b) health information about an individual; or
- (c) genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information; or
- (d) biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; or
- (e) biometric templates.
“Website” is to the official website https://alkinalodge.com.au
3. The kinds of Personal Information we collect
We will only collect Personal Information if it is necessary for one or more of our functions. Information relating to how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information is set out below.
The types of Personal Information that we collect from you and hold depends on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and, the type of service you request from us. The kinds of Personal Information that we may collect include:
- your contact information such as your first and last name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, current and valid email address and home address;
- credit card information;
- information regarding your employment or prospective employment with Alkina Lodge;
- information regarding your business experience and financial resources;
- information regarding your employment with Alkina Lodge; and
Any such other information that is relevant for us to provide our services to you in the manner that you have requested, or to comply with the law.
We do not generally collect Sensitive Information from you. However, if you provide such information to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent and only where such information is reasonably required in order for us to provide our services to you. We will not disclose Sensitive Information to any other party without your consent.
4. How we collect Personal Information
There may be circumstances where it becomes impracticable for us to deal with you, or to provide services to you, where you have not identified yourself, or where you are using a pseudonym.
We only collect personal information in physical and electronic form by fair and lawful collection channels (“Collection Channels”) which may be interacted with, including but not limited to, when you use our services or contact us using the following:
- Mobile applications;
- SMS (Short Message Service)
- MMS (Multimedia Message Service);
- Instant Messaging (Instant Messaging);
- Website based forms;
- Browse a Website;
- Sign-up or register an account via any Collection Channel; and
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include, but are not limited to, financiers, business brokers and, legal representatives.
We may combine Personal Information we receive about you with other information we hold about you.
6. The purposes for which we collect, hold and use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for any of the following primary purposes:
- for the purpose of which it was collected from you at the time you gave us the particular information;
- to provide and administer our services, contacting you about your prospective stay, application for a position of employment, training our staff and, testing our systems;
- to distribute our newsletters, brochures and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers in reference to Alkina Lodge;
- for customer support, including for providing assistance in resolving complaints or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- to conduct marketing activities for our services, and to conduct market and other research to improve our services and marketing activities; and
- to maintain internal business records and to comply with our legal obligations.
7. The purposes for which we disclose personal information
For the purposes described above, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, contractors, agents, other business partners, and other entities who assist us in providing our services to you;
- external providers of services where you have engaged us to act as your agent;
- associates of Alkina Lodge as necessary and appropriate for the services that you have expressed interest in;
- other service providers, who provide the various services that you have requested and we have arranged;
- third parties who provide marketing services, conduct market research and analysis;
- our related bodies corporate;
- our professional advisers;
- an entity to whom we are required to disclose such information under law.
We will only provide such Personal Information to third parties as required to provide our services or to meet the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, unless otherwise authorised by you or required by law.
8. How you may access your Personal Information and seek its correction or deletion
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you would like to request access to your Personal Information, please forward a written request to us.
We will provide access to the Personal Information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exemption which applies under the APPs, within a reasonable time following receipt of a request for access.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and, how you may complain about the refusal.
If requested, all reasonable steps to delete your Personal Information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions, services, promotions or competitions.
9. How we hold Personal Information and keep it secure
We hold your Personal Information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We may use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your Personal Information. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
We will take reasonable steps to keep secure your Personal Information held by us from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We have taken measures to help secure your personal information submitted via our Website. These measures include, but are not limited to the use of secure website channels.
Internet browsers provide users with a positive visual clue that they are at a secure website. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox the closed padlock icon appears in the address bar.
While we will take all reasonable steps to protect the transmission, no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be totally secure. As such we make no warranty about the security, accuracy or privacy of Personal Information submitted via the website or email.
10. Complaint process and further information
If you have any concerns in relation to the handling of your Personal Information, please direct those concerns in writing to Alkina Lodge. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us within a reasonable time, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
More information about Privacy Act and the APPs is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.